Baby Caterpillar Hat & Cocoon Set
It’s The Very Hungry Caterpillar! Who doesn’t love this little caterpillar? And how about putting your newborn baby in this hat & cocoon set?! I think this Baby Caterpillar Hat & Cocoon Set would make for an adorable newborn photo – for both boys and girls! Aside from being a great photo prop, it also makes a great baby shower gift!
Pattern level: Easy
Finished size (approximate):
- The caterpillar hat is written in size newborn/0-3 months.
- The cocoon is made to measure approx. 16″ in length x 10″ at the widest.
You will need:
- Crochet hooks G/4.0mm & I/5.5mm
- Yarn needle
- Small amount of fiberfill to stuff the antennae
- Stitch marker (optional)
- Any worsted weight yarn (I used a mix of cotton & acrylic yarn)
- The exact yarn brand & color names used in the sample are written in the pattern for your reference in case you want to use the same exact colors.
- This pattern is for personal use only. The Very Hungry Caterpillar is copyright & trademarked by Eric Carle, the author & illustrator.
- This crochet pattern is in PDF format (5 pages, < 1 MB in file size) and includes clearly written instructions, progress photos and stitch count for every round.
- Doriyumi patterns are always written using standard U.S. crochet terminology. An abbreviation chart in U.S. versus U.K./Canada terminology is included in the pattern for your reference.
By clicking the ‘buy now’ button above, you will be redirected to review your order and checkout securely via PayPal.