This crochet Cactuar amigurumi plush toy is a must-have for any Cactuar and/or Final Fantasy fans! If you need to crochet a quick gift for a video game fan or any gamers alike, give this pattern a try! The size of Cactuar can be easily adjusted by using heavier/lighter weight yarn or bigger/smaller crochet hooks.
The Cactuar (サボテンダー, Sabotendā) is a recurring enemy from the Final Fantasy series as well as appearing as a summon. Cactuars are little cacti, typically depicted having stiff arms and legs, three black holes for their faces, representing two eyes and an oblong mouth, and three reddish quills at the top of their heads. They have their own language, mostly consisting of variations of the word “Ge-ka”, which resemble squeaks and warbles to the ear.
Pattern level: Easy
Finished size (approximate):
Cactuar stands 6.5″ in height (head to legs) x 5″ wide at the widest part (left to right arm)
You will need:
- Crochet hook E/3.5mm
- Yarn needle
- Fiberfill stuffing
- Stitch marker (optional)
- #4 medium worsted weight yarn (the exact yarn brand(s) & color(s) are specified in the pattern)
- black embroidery thread
- This Cactuar pattern is for personal use only.
- This pattern is protected under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. This pattern is written and owned by Doriyumi. The Cactuar character is copyrighted and/or trademarked by Square Enix Co., Ltd. I am not affiliated with Square Enix in any way and do not claim copyright or ownership of the Cactuar character which inspired this amigurumi.
- This crochet pattern is in PDF format (5 pages, < 1 MB in file size) and includes clearly written instructions, progress photos and stitch count for every round.
- Doriyumi patterns are always written using standard U.S. crochet terminology. An abbreviation chart in U.S. versus U.K./Canada terminology is included in the pattern for your reference.
By clicking the ‘buy now’ button above, you will be redirected to review your order and checkout securely via PayPal.