This Cat in the Hat amigurumi was created for my little one, who went to see the Cat in the Hat puppet show at a children’s theatre. He brought the cat with him and my husband took photos to show me how he was hugging the cat while watching the show. It is such a good feeling to know someone cherishes your handmade gift, isn’t it? The Cat in the Hat now sits at home with our many Dr. Seuss books.
One of the most important things we can share with our children is the love of reading! In honor of Dr. Seuss’ birthday tomorrow (March 2nd), we celebrate Read Across America. Read more about the event HERE. This dabber cat makes a perfect reading buddy, don’t you think? 😉
And what’s more? This Cat in the Hat crochet pattern is offered as a *FREE* PDF download in honor of Dr. Seuss’ birthday (March 2nd). All you have to do is say, “Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!” 😛
To make The Cat in the Hat, you will need:
- Crochet hook G/4.0mm
- Yarn needle
- Fiberfill stuffing
- Stitch marker
- #4 medium worsted weight yarn
- Finished size: approx. 10.3” height (top of ears to feet; hat alone measures 2.5”) x 3.2” width.
- Pattern is written so that you can sew/attach the parts as you go, minimizing sewing at the end.
- The legs, body and head are all worked in one piece.
- This pattern uses mostly basic stitches such as sc (single crochet) and sc2tog (single crochet decrease).
- This fully tested crochet pattern is in PDF format (9 pages, 1.1 MB in file size) and includes clearly written instructions (easy for beginners to understand), progress photos and stitch count for every round.
- Doriyumi patterns are always written using standard U.S. crochet terminology. An abbreviation chart in U.S. versus U.K./Canada terminology is included in the pattern for your reference.
Share your projects with me on Ravelry, Facebook or tag me on Instagram @doriyumi and #doriyumi 🙂
Please note: The ‘Cat in the Hat’ character is copyrighted and trademarked by Dr. Seuss Enterprises, L.P. This crochet pattern is for personal use or charity purposes only.
This pattern is written and designed by Doris Yu @ Doriyumi.
Please visit the Doriyumi Facebook page and ‘LIKE’ it for coupons, freebie alerts and giveaways! There is also a free crochet pattern featured daily, either a doriyumi pattern or one from other talented designers.
Download your *FREE* Cat in the Hat crochet pattern HERE.
Know a friend that may be interested in this pattern?
Feel free to share the LINK to this page.
Please DO NOT share the pattern itself, thank you.